- Aug 01, 2018
New Zealand has always been an attractive study abroad destination for international students, since the country offers a varied range of study opportunities in world’s top-rated universities, with affordable fee and better cost of living that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. With growing years New Zealand is becoming the first choice for International students seeking high-quality overseas education and to explore new ideas that make you stand out from the crowd. These factors have made New Zealand one among the front-runners in higher education providers in the world.
New Zealand is one of the most attracted foreign education destinations for international students who are looking for world-class facilities and high quality of education. The country is known for its practically oriented courses.
Less stringent entry requirements
The country’s government invest a large amount in their higher education sector, both in quality and infrastructure, aiming to attract more students in the increasing globalized scenario. In fact, they allocate the highest percentage of public funding to education in the world. New Zealand has moderate entry requirements so that international students can easily apply for the courses that they offer.
Ease of visa acquisition and residency
The country follows a streamlined and point-based visa application process in order to avoid ambiguity and arbitrariness. Immigration New Zealand is working with the Education New Zealand and international education provider to develop an improved and friendlier partnership model to increase the New Zealand Study visa success rate. Further, many universities provide on-campus visa renewal and extension service to international students for a quick, stress-free, and proper application process. They manage, monitor, and follow up on your visa application in a well-timed manner.
Earn while you learn
International students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during weekdays and 40 hours during vacations, while students in doctoral courses can work 40 hours per week on a New Zealand student visa. Students get multiple internships and other practical/job oriented work opportunities.
Post-study work rights in New Zealand
After finishing your course or programme, you can apply for a Post-Study Work Permit (open), under which are eligible to work for 12 months in New Zealand. There are no restrictions in choosing the work field, students can do almost any work they like, for any employer in the country. Once your Post-study work right expires, you can apply for an Employer Assisted Post-study work visa, which relates to a specific job with a specific employer. You can stay in New Zealand to gain work experience for an additional two years (or 3 years if work experience is required as part of a professional registration).
Safe and Welcoming Environment
New Zealand is one of the safest countries in the world to live with very low crime rates. The country has never seen any major war in their history. In addition, the support service for international students is among the best in the world.
Plenty to see and Explore while Studying
The country has a magnificent lush landscape with unique fauna and flora. You can enjoy the mesmerizing view of rolling green hills, fjords, glaciers, beaches, mountains and so on. New Zealand is a heaven for hikers and trekkers, and natural beauty junkies. Cities are a cosmopolitan mix of cafes, shopping, movies, and nightlife.
A chance to stay in
After completing your studies in New Zealand if you do not have a job offer, you may be eligible for a Graduate Job Search Work Visa for a maximum duration of 12 months. After getting the job offer letter you can apply for a visa up to 2 or 3 years under the Study to Work category.
The New Zealand Government, universities and private institutions provide numerous scholarships for international students seeking to study in New Zealand.
High in Cost-effectiveness
New Zealand has the lowest tuition among all other countries to study abroad. The country’s education is based on the British education system. It is easier for Indian students to blend in New Zealand education system. Moreover, the cost of living in New Zealand is relatively cheaper as compared to other countries.
NEW ZEALAND VISA INFORMATION
Students desirous of pursuing further education in New Zealand need to apply to New Zealand High Commission (Immigration New Zealand) for a student visa via TT Services Pvt Ltd. An officer of the Immigration New Zealand will decide on the student visa application based on the information provided in the application.
At GWS, in accordance with our declared mission of creating “Successful Global Graduates” , we provide you with an end to end professional guidance in compiling and lodging the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand through their commercial partners in India M/s TT Services Pvt Ltd.
To get a visa to study in New Zealand you and the programme of study you intend to study must meet Immigration New Zealand’s requirements. If you are enrolling in a programme of study for the first time, you need to have an offer of a place from a New Zealand education provider.
The offer of a place:
An offer must include:
• The education provider’s name and contact details
• The name of the programme of study and the minimum time required for completing it, and
• Proof that the programme of study and programme of study provider meet New Zealand’s requirements for international students, and
• The amount of the fee for the complete programme of study, or if the programme of study is longer than one year, the annual fee, and
• Whether you have to pay tuition fees
• Whether the fees are domestic or foreign fees, and
• Whether the study is full-time or part-time, and
• Confirmation of all requirements under the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students are met (including accommodation for under 18-year-olds and programme of study prerequisites).
TERTIARY EDUCATION PROVIDERS
Tertiary education providers can offer the programme of study to international students if they meet certain conditions.
• Private training establishments (PTEs) can only offer international students approved a programme of study that is longer than three months and registered with the NZQA. The PTE must be accredited by the NZQA to offer the programme of study.
• Institutions including universities, polytechnics, colleges of education and wananga can only offer the approved programme of study that is longer than three months and registered with the NZQA. The institution must be accredited to offer the course. The enrolment of an international student must not prevent a New Zealand student or an NZAP student from gaining a place at the same institution.
HEALTH AND CHARACTER
You have to meet our health and character requirements and prove to us that your intent is genuine. Some people who have committed serious crimes will not be allowed into New Zealand at all.
EVIDENCE OF FUNDS TO SUPPORT YOURSELF
To gain a student visa we want to see that you are able to meet your living costs during your stay.
Evidence may include:
• Enough money held in New Zealand by you, or on your behalf,
• A financial undertaking to cover your accommodation and living costs,
• Sponsorship by an acceptable sponsor to cover your accommodation and living costs, or
• Financial assistance available to you under aid programmes operated in New Zealand by a government agency.
PROOF THAT YOU PLAN TO LEAVE
So that we are sure that you will leave New Zealand when you have finished your programme of study, we will need evidence of how you will leave New Zealand. For example, we may want to see travel tickets out of New Zealand to a country you are allowed to enter, or evidence of enough money held in New Zealand, additional to the funds you’ll need for your living expenses.
You must have a passport that is valid for at least three months past the end of your intended stay.
Once you have a student visa, you must meet certain conditions during your stay. You must attend the place of the study noted on your visa. However, you may apply to us to change your programme of study and/or education provider.
• If you have to be accompanied by a guardian, you must live with that person.
• You must be able to show that you are passing your course and meeting your attendance requirements.
• You may only undertake work allowed by your student visa
• You must obey New Zealand’s laws
• You must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your visa
If you breach any of these conditions you may liable for deportation.
Global Opportunities provides comprehensive assistance in compiling your student visa application in order to submit this to the New Zealand High Commission. We have robust systems in place to ensure that all information required is checked off and reconfirmed by you.GWS only seeks to support genuine students with their study and career goals.
We at GWS helps you throughout and provides you free counselling on your study abroad queries. With our 15 offices operating across India we are actually nearer to you and you can contact us for all your queries and we will provide you free assistance for your study abroad options. Global Education Fair is being organized every year where hundreds of International Universities show their presence with our education experts, counsellors and other officials like ex-visa officers, travel advisors to provide you free detailing on the courses, universities, places and numerous options for your study abroad aim.
Contact GWS and speak to a counselor today.